نقد و بررسی روتر سیسکو مدل 2611:
روتر 2611 دارای دو پورت Ethernet به صورت فیکس میباشد. از این روتر میتوان در یک شبکه LAN جهت روتینگ بین VLANهای مختلف و یا ارتباط روتینگ بین دو شبکه کوچک استفاده نمود؛ البته همانطور که گفته شد با توجه به وجود دو پورت Ethernet برای شبکههای مدرن امروزی میباید از NMهای متناسب و کارتهای با سرعت بالاتر استفاده گردد و با نصب کارتهای WAN و همچنین کارتهای NM متنوع موجود میتوانیم امکانات دیگری نظیر روتینگ و برقراری ارتباط اینترنت در یک شبکه کوچک را فراهم کنیم. همانند دیگر روترهای سری 2600 روتر 2611 نیز قابلیت نصب کارت خاصی با نام AIM را دارد که وظیفه آن کمک به پردازش عملیات سنگینی مانند Encryption و یا Data Compression و همچنین موارد مربوط به پردازش صوت و دیتا میباشد که با استفاده از کارتهای AIM مربوطه قابل استفاده میباشد و این کارت میتواند حدود 10 برابر پردازش عملیات را نسبت به پردازش توسط سیستم عامل را بالاتر برد. گزینههای مختلفی برای کارتهای AIM موجود میباشد که پر استفادهترین آنها AIM-VPN/EPII و AIM-VPN/EPII-PLUS میباشد که امکان برقراری ارتباط تونل را با تعداد بسیار بالاتر و همچنین پردازش سختافزاری بسیار بالاتری جهت Encryption تا 80Mbps فراهم میگردد. روترهای سری 2611 دارای یک اسلات جهت نصب کارت AIM میباشند. بر روی روتر 2611 به صورت پیش فرض 8MB حافظه فلش وجود دارد و حداکثر تا میزان 16MB را پشتیبانی میکند. حافظه RAM موجود بر روی این سری روتر 32MB میباشد و حداکثر حافظه قابل پشتیبانی بر روی این سری 64MB میباشد.
The Cisco 2600 Series is an award-winning series of modular multiservice access routers, providing flexible LAN and WAN configurations, multiple security options, voice and data integration, and a range of high-performance processors. The wide range of features and interfaces and the flexibility of adding more than 50 modules makes the Cisco 2600 Series the ideal branch-office router for today's and tomorrow's customer requirements. The Cisco 2600 Series of modular routers includes the Cisco 2612, Cisco 2600XM models, and the Cisco 2691 (see Figure 1). These models deliver extended performance, high density, enhanced security performance, and concurrent application support to meet the growing demands of branch offices. In addition, numerous Cisco 2600 Series product bundles have been introduced (Refer to Table 9). These bundles offer an additional cost savings and provide easy ordering to meet branch-office requirements.
Cisco 2600 Series Modular Access Routers: Introduction
As companies grow, the diversity of protocols, increased performance, LAN media, WAN services, and networking equipment required to support mission-critical network services expand dramatically. With extensive support for multiprotocol data routing, voice and data integration, DSL access, ATM, dial access services, and integrated switching, the Cisco 2600 Series provides a flexible, scalable, integrated solution that simplifies the process of deploying and managing the branch-office network solutions. The Cisco 2600 Series offers a comprehensive feature set ideal for solutions requiring the following support:
• Multiservice voice and data integration
• VPN access with firewall and encryption options
• Analog dial access services
• Routing with bandwidth management
• Inter-VLAN routing
• Delivery of high-speed business-class DSL access
• Cost-effective ATM access
• Integration of flexible routing and low-density switching
• Integration of content networking
• Integration of intrusion detection systems (IDSs)
• Integration of network analysis systems
The foundations of these solutions are the Cisco IOS ® Software elements of security, availability, quality of service (QoS), manageability, and integration. Combined, these features support the delivery of distributed intelligence that extends to the branch office. By delivering powerful business tools and applications to the branch, enterprises can realize the business benefits of increased productivity, cost reductions, and scalable exchange of information. The modular architecture of the Cisco 2600 Series allows interfaces to be upgraded to accommodate network expansion or changes in technology as new services and applications are deployed. Modular interfaces are shared with the Cisco 1700 and Cisco 3700 series, providing unrivaled investment protection and reducing the complexity of managing the remote network solution by integrating the functions of multiple, separate devices into a single, compact unit. Network modules available for the Cisco 2600 and Cisco 3700 series support a broad range of applications, including multiservice voice and data integration, integrated switching, analog and ISDN dial access, and serial device concentration. The integration of field-installable advanced integration modules (AIMs) enhances the performance of the Cisco 2600 Series by offloading processor-intensive functions onto a dedicated coprocessor while preserving external interface slots for other applications. A variety of AIMs are currently supported on all Cisco 2600 and Cisco 3700 series routers, providing high-performance, hardware-assisted data compression, data encryption, ATM, and digital-signal-processor (DSP) functions for up to 30 digital voice channels. Cisco Systems delivers enterprise- and provider-class versatility, integration, and power to branch offices with the Cisco 2600 Series of modular access routers. The Cisco 2600XM models and the Cisco 2691, they provide a high degree of performance, service density, and flexibility to address evolving branch-office requirements.
Cisco 2600 Series Modular Access Routers: Overview
Driven by a powerful CPU processor along with high-performance DSPs and auxiliary processors on various interfaces, the Cisco 2600 Series supports the advanced QoS, security, and network integration features required in today's evolving branch offices. Each of the Cisco 2610XM through Cisco 2651XM supports one network module slot, two WAN interface card (WIC) slots, and one AIM slot. One network module slot is provided on the Cisco 2691, offering the same format as the Cisco 2600XM Series of routers, but the Cisco 2691 also includes one additional WIC and AIM slot for applications that require increased service requirements. These slots share more than 50 different modules across three Cisco product lines-the Cisco 1700 Series, the Cisco 2600 Series, and the Cisco 3700 Series.
Key Features and Benefits:
The Cisco 2600 Series supports a wide range of performance and scalability for branch-office networking solutions, allowing businesses to extend a cost-effective, transparent network infrastructure to the branch office with the following benefits:
• Investment protection-Support for field-upgradable, modular components on the Cisco 2600 Series allows customers to easily change network interfaces without a complete system upgrade of the entire branch-office network. The AIM slot(s) further protects investments by offering the expandability to support advanced services such as hardware-assisted data compression, data encryption, ATM data and voice access, or DSP digital voice applications.
• Lower cost of ownership-By integrating the functions of switches, channel service units (CSUs), data service units (DSUs), ISDN Network Termination 1 (NT1) devices, firewalls, modems, compression or encryption devices, and other equipment found in branch-office wiring closets in a single, compact unit, the Cisco 2600 Series provides a space-saving solution that is more manageable.
• Integrated flexible routing and low-density switching-With support of an optional 16-port 10/100 Cisco EtherSwitch® Network Module, branch offices can take advantage of the flexibility of integrated routing and switching functions in one unit for low port densities. This offers high-speed connections between individual desktops, servers, and other network resources in a single unit for Layer 2 and allows WAN connection at Layer 3 through the router. An optional external power chassis provides in-line power to IP phones and to Cisco Aironet® 802.11 base stations.
• Integration of content networking and branch-office routing-With the integration of an optional content-engine network module with branch-office routing, Cisco offers the industry's first and only router-integrated content-delivery system. Combining intelligent caching, content routing, and management with robust branch-office routing, WAN bandwidth is conserved for important branch IP services such as voice over IP (VoIP), while simplifying configuration, deployment, and operations.
• Voice and data integration-Cisco offers the industry's broadest, most scalable multiservice voice and data integration solution set. The Cisco 2600 Series allows network managers to provide scalable analog and digital telephony without investing in a one-time solution, giving enterprises greater control of their converged telephony needs. Using the voice and fax modules, the Cisco 2600 Series may be deployed in both VoIP and voice-over-Frame Relay (VoFR) networks. The packet voice trunk network module supports up to 60 simultaneous voice calls as well as supporting routing and other services. When used with the ATM AIM, voice over ATM (VoATM) using ATM Adaption Layer 2 (AAL2) or AAL5 can be deployed.
• Enterprise and provider-class solution-This solution meets the requirements of multiservice enterprises and their managed service customer-premises-equipment (CPE) providers with high-reliability features, multiple WAN connections, and the ability to migrate from data-only to time-division multiplexing (TDM) voice and from data to packetized voice and data infrastructure.
• Security-With the integration of optional VPN modules, Cisco IOS Software-based firewalls and Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), content-engine network modules, or intrusion detection network modules, Cisco offers the industry's most robust and adaptable security solution for branch-office routers. VPN modules can be used to provide up to 10 times the performance over software-only encryption. Additionally, the new Cisco Intrusion Detection System Network Module allows decryption, tunnel termination, and traffic inspection at the first point of entry into the network while freeing the router CPU from process-intensive IDS tasks.
• Business-class DSL connectivity-With the WIC-ADSL, WIC-1ADSL-I-DG, WIC-1ADSL-DG, WIC-1SHDSL, and WIC-1SHDSL-V2 modules added to the Cisco 2600 Series offers a broad range of business-class broadband options with scalable performance, flexibility, and security for branch and regional offices. The Cisco 2600 Series provides an ideal solution for a variety of businesses requiring high-speed business-class DSL connectivity on a secure, high-performance modular platform.
• Increased memory capacity on Cisco 2600XMs-The memory capacity of the Cisco 2600XM platforms can now be increased to 256 MB of synchronous dynamic RAM (SDRAM) using a new 128-MB SDRAM dual in-line memory module (DIMM). This new 128-MB DIMM offers higher-density memory, providing the ability to support memory increases to 256 MB of DRAM (with the correct ROMmon).
Cisco 2600 Series Hardware and Software Options:
Cisco 2600 Series routers offer a choice of Ethernet, Token Ring, and autosensing 10/100 Ethernet LAN interfaces. In addition, depending on the model, one network module slot, two or three WIC slots, and one or two AIM slots as well as one 115.2-kbps console port and one 115.2-kbps auxiliary asynchronous port are offered.
Network Module Options:
Network modules help enable the Cisco 2600 Series to be customized to meet the needs of virtually any branch office. These modules support a broad range of applications, including multiservice voice and data integration, analog and ISDN dial access, ATM access, integration of low-density switching, IDSs, content networking, and serial device concentration (refer to Table 5 for the complete list of supported network modules for the Cisco 2600 Series). Other advantages of the network module are to provide integrated services onto one platform for greater management of services and ease of operations. By offering network modules such as the Cisco EtherSwitch Network Module, content engine, network analysis, and intrusion detection network modules, more services are integrated onto a single platform. These modules provide the advantage of integrating switching, content networking, or intrusion detection with routing onto one platform for greater management and ease of operation. The Cisco 16-Port 10/100 EtherSwitch Network Module combines robust Layer 3 flexible WAN routing with low-density line-rate Layer 2 switching, providing straightforward configuration, easy deployment, and integrated management in a single platform. The Cisco EtherSwitch modules use the powerful features available in both Cisco IOS Software and Cisco Catalyst switching, with hardware supporting 802.1p Layer 2 prioritization, while Cisco IOS Software supports Layer 3 Differentiated Services (DiffServ) and class-of-service (CoS) markings for critical business data.
Multiflex Voice/WAN Interface Card and WIC Options:
The Cisco 2600 Series WIC slots supports 20 interface cards with the introduction of the 1-port xDSL and 1- or 2-port analog modem WICs. The Cisco 2600 Series of modular routers support both asymmetric DSL (ADSL) and the G.shdsl WICs. These offerings bring high-speed business-class broadband service to the award-winning Cisco 2600 Series of multiservice routers. Now small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), enterprise branch offices, and service provider-managed service users can take advantage of a highly flexible and scalable solution for data-only or voice and data integration, with secure VPN options. The single- and dual-port multiflex voice/WAN interface cards (VWICs) combine WIC and VIC functions to provide unparalleled flexibility, versatility, and investment protection. Supporting up to T1 and E1 rates with integrated T1 CSUs and DSUs or E1 DSUs, the multiflex VWICs can be used in data-only, channelized (drop and insert) voice and data integration applications, as well as packet voice and data connections to a PBX or the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN). (Packet voice requires the use of the high-density voice trunk network module.) Unlike traditional multibox voice and data components, when used in a Cisco 2600 or Cisco 3700, the T1/E1 multiflex VWICs deliver a single-box voice and data platform that provides a graceful migration from data only to channelized voice and data, to packet voice and data.
Cisco IOS Software Feature Availability:
The Cisco 2600 Series offers a wide range of Cisco IOS Software features. This includes a variety of intranet, multiprotocol, QoS, and security applications in use today. Beginning in Release 12.3 Mainline, the Cisco 2600 Series feature sets have been condensed into eight cross-platform feature sets and up to nine additional special-purpose feature sets.
The cross-platform feature sets include the following:
• IP Base
• IP Voice
• Enterprise Base
• Enterprise Services
• Advanced IP Services
• Advanced Enterprise Services
• SP Services
• Advanced Security
The following special-purpose feature sets are offered in addition:
• Enterprise/Enterprise Cisco Systems SNA Switching Services (SNASw) Plus IPSec 3DES
• Enterprise/SNASw Plus
• Enterprise Services
• Enterprise Plus/H.323 Multimedia Conference Manager (MCM)
• Enterprise Service Selection Gateway (SSG) (Cisco 2650 and Cisco 2651XM only)
• Voice IP to IP Voice Gateway (Cisco 2600XM only)
• Voice IP to IP Voice Gateway IPSec 3DES (Cisco 2600XM only)
• Telco Feature Set (Cisco 2600XM only)
• Remote Access Server
• INT VOICE/VIDEO, IPIP GW, TDMIP GW
• INT VOICE/VIDEO, IPIPGW, TDMIP GW AES
Cisco IOS Software Release 12.3 Mainline and prior releases contain a traditional set of features sets, including IP, IP Plus, Enterprise, and many others. A more detailed list of features and memory requirements for specific feature sets by release can be found in the Cisco IOS Software release notes for the Cisco 2600 Series.
Summary and Conclusion:
The Cisco 2600 Series modular routers extend the versatility, integration, and power to corporate branch offices by providing more performance and increased density for multiple applications. Companies can consolidate the functions of multiple, separate devices into a single, compact package that can be managed remotely. Because the Cisco 2600 Series is modular, interface configurations are easily customized to accommodate a wide variety of network applications, such as branch-office data access, integrated switching, multiservice voice and data integration, dial access services, VPN access and firewall protection, inter-VLAN routing, and serial device concentration. The Cisco 2600 Series is ideal for sites and solutions that require the highest levels of integration at the edge for branch-office IP telephony, voice gateway, and integrated, flexible routing with low-density switching solutions.